Brittle nails that break at the slightest touch are not strong enough, and therefore do not look beautiful. They may be damaged or unable to grow beyond the fingertips. You can get rid of all these very common problems with natural remedies and tips on how to strengthen nails naturally.
Homemade recipes for stronger nails
If your nails are breaking, chipping, or catching in the unpainted state, you can choose one of these remedies to strengthen your nails naturally. All of them are very effective and worth trying.
The smell of onions is unpleasant and can cause tears, but it must be admitted that this remedy is effective for strengthening nails.
Cut the onion in half, make a hole in the center and insert your fingers and nails into the hole for 15 minutes. Then wash your hands (the smell can linger, so it’s best to do this at night or on the weekend).
2. Almond oil
Almond oil is best, but all essential oils are very good for this treatment. Mix two tablespoons of almond oil with two tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl. Use a cotton swab to paint your nails. Allow the oil to absorb. Repeat the procedure three times a day.
Sure, garlic can smell bad, just like onions, but no one said beauty comes easy. Cut a few cloves of garlic and put them in a glass of water. Immerse your fingertips and nails in the mixture for 20 minutes. Repeat twice a day.
For this recipe, you will need two tablespoons of rosemary and a cup of water. Boil the ingredients for five minutes and remove from heat, let cool for a few minutes. Pour the mixture into a bowl and dip your nails into it for 20 minutes. Repeat twice a day.
As you probably already know, aloe has many uses. In this case, aloe helps to improve the condition of the nails in the shortest possible time. You will need one tablespoon of aloe gel and three drops of olive oil. Mix until you get a homogeneous mixture. Dip a cotton swab in the mixture and apply it to the surface of the nail. Leave to absorb and repeat as often as you see fit.
6. Cucumber Lotion
Squeeze a few cucumbers. Place the juice in a container and dip your fingertips into it every day for one week.
7. Horsetail Lotion
All you need to make this infusion is a handful of horsetail in a glass of water. Warm it up a little and soak your nails.
8. Wheat Germ Oil
Heat four tablespoons of wheat germ oil mixed with water for a few minutes. Remove from heat, let cool and add a few drops of lemon juice. Soak your fingers in this mixture for ten minutes.
9. Olive oil, honey, and egg
These three highly nutritious elements have wonderful properties. Mix one tablespoon of olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, and one egg yolk in a bowl until smooth. Gently massage the mixture into each nail. Leave it for half an hour and then wash it off with a little water.
Express solutions for your nails
- Choose any of these instant remedies:
- Soak your nails in lemon juice twice a day;
- Rub them with a clove of garlic;
- Use a cotton swab dipped in clear iodine and let them dry completely;
- Soak your nails in apple cider vinegar every day, preferably before bed.
Tips for beautiful and strong nails
In addition to any of the described home remedies, it is worth remembering (and practicing) the following tips for obtaining and preventing strong nails:
- Use a nail polish remover that does not contain ingredients that are harmful to the health of the nails. Acetone is an effective nail polish remover, but there are better alternatives.
- Eat plenty of dairy products and foods that contain calcium, protein, and vitamins A and E, and drink 8 glasses of water daily. It should be noted that brittle nails may indicate a high degree of stress or poor nutrition.
- Do not keep your hands wet for too long. Wear gloves when washing clothes or washing dishes; don’t stay in the shower too long and don’t leave your hands in hot water.
- Use hand protection when gardening or cleaning the house.
- File your nails regularly and keep them growing evenly, always in the same direction. It is better to use a non-metallic saw.
- Coat your painted nails with a strengthening solution.
- Remove nail polish completely using nail polish remover, soap, and warm water. Dry with a cotton towel and massage the nails with olive oil.
Picture Credit: VistaCreate