You should not be afraid of the phrase “yogurt diet”, because, in fact, it is a well-balanced diet that includes a complete menu, not just dairy products.
Note that yogurt is a very versatile food, so it can be added to various dishes. If you want to make the most of natural yogurt, it is better to use it in its pure form. However, if desired, you can also replace this food with salad dressings or sauces for main dishes.
The incredible benefits of a yogurt diet
If you want to lose weight quickly and easily, the yogurt diet will definitely come in handy. First of all, this diet is quite diverse and balanced, because the yogurt diet involves the use of various useful ingredients that can replenish the reserves of essential nutrients in the body.
Also, a yogurt diet is a great way to reduce the total number of calories consumed per day. The diet is not low in calories or limited. Natural yogurt provides a long-lasting feeling of satiety, it reduces appetite and reduces cravings for harmful snacks.
Remember that yogurt is an important source of B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, and essential amino acids. These substances ensure the proper functioning of important internal organs and systems. What’s more, they help regulate the nervous system, strengthen bones, and protect muscles from injury and other damage.
Basic principles of yogurt diet
A proper yogurt diet is a balanced diet that involves eating natural yogurt several times a day. However, no diet should be abused, so the duration of the yogurt diet should not exceed 5-7 days.
At the time of the diet, you should choose only low-calorie foods, but be sure to pay attention to the fact that all foods have a high nutritional value. Be sure to avoid foods that contain sugar, simple carbohydrates, and saturated fats.
Foods that can be eaten on a yogurt diet:
- Fresh vegetables and fruits
- Lean meats and fish
- Whole grain and bean foods
- Nuts and seeds
- Low-fat cheeses
Prohibited foods on the yogurt diet:
- Red meat and sausages
- Fried foods and harmful store snacks
- Semi-finished foods
- Bread and shop pastries
- Packaged juices and carbonated sweet drinks
- High sugar foods
Other important nuances:
- Eat five meals a day: these should be three main meals and two healthy snacks.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day: to maintain good health, you need to drink 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- Avoid fried foods and avoid foods fried in breadcrumbs: instead, cook all foods in steam or water, and bake them in the oven or on the grill.
- Use only natural low-fat yogurt without sugar and dyes.
Yogurt diet: recommended menu
Of course, you can adjust the menu and alternate foods for cooking main dishes. All you need to do is use healthy, low-calorie foods.
- A glass of low-fat yogurt, toast with jam, and any fresh fruit to choose from.
- Two slices of bread with light jam, half a glass of natural yogurt, one apple.
- A glass of herbal tea, two wholemeal avocado toasts, and low-fat yogurt.
- Half a cup of natural yogurt and a handful of nuts.
- Fruit parfait, drizzled with low-fat yogurt.
- Smoothie based on yogurt and fresh fruit.
- A portion of a salad of fresh vegetables and greens, diced chicken breasts, and natural yogurt dressing.
- Chicken fillet with a salad with fresh cucumbers, celery, and yogurt dressing.
- Wholemeal pasta with yogurt sauce and cakes.
- A glass of low-fat yogurt and two wholemeal slices of bread.
- Half a serving of fresh strawberries with natural yogurt.
- A portion of yogurt with chia seeds.
- A portion of baked fish with steamed vegetables, as well as a slice of wholemeal bread with yogurt.
- French omelet with three slices of turkey, two slices of pineapple, and low-fat yogurt.
- Scrambled eggs with mushrooms and shrimp, as well as a portion of fruit salad with yogurt dressing.
As you can see, the diet of this diet is quite simple, but you certainly will not stay hungry.
Note that to maintain shape and prevent re-weight gain, it is necessary to follow the principles of proper nutrition and avoid high-calorie foods even after the end of the diet.
Picture Credit: Unsplash