The health of the liver is not spoken often. And for nothing. We must respect this body in order to prevent the emergence of serious diseases.
The liver is the largest gland and an odd organ in the human body, which performs more than 500 complex functions. It is a true “biochemical laboratory” whose main task is to cleanse the body from toxins, as well as to store blood, convert carbohydrates to the body’s energy, maintain immunity, and produce bile that breaks down fats and helps the vitamins absorb.
Interesting facts about the liver
- Preserves 15% of the total blood circulating in your body;
- Her weight is 3-5% of the total weight of your body;
- Blood is about 30% of the total weight of the liver;
- At 60-70% of the liver consists of hepatocytes – parenchyma cells;
- Within a day through this body passes almost 2000 liters of blood.
The ability of the liver to recover is impressive. Even when only 25% of healthy tissue remains, for a while the liver can completely recover.
But it’s time to think about the state of this body and help him – to balance the diet, abandon bad habits, spend more time outdoors and in motion, and apply therapeutic solutions for liver health.
There are many factors that damage the liver, complicate her work and ultimately can be the cause of her illness.
- Alcohol abuse;
- An unhealthy diet rich in easily digested carbohydrates and animal fats;
- High drug load;
- Sedentary lifestyle;
- Bad ecological situation;
Symptoms of the liver disease
- Loss of appetite;
- Bad tolerance of fatty food;
- Bitterness in the mouth;
- Light feces;
- Dark color of urine;
- Skin itch
Failures in the work of the liver affect not only the physical, but also the emotional state of man. And although the liver has a great ability to regenerate, you need to adhere to a few simple rules to maintain the health of the whole body
Your healthy diet is the key to your health
Here are healthy habits for your liver.
- Eating at certain times, at rest, in no hurry;
- Portions should be small, but you need to eat more often;
- Products that require heat treatment should be cooked or boiled;
- Do not fry, but stew in water with the addition of vegetable oils or baking in foil;
- Healthy food is fresh food, moderately warm;
- It is worth limiting the consumption of alcohol, coffee, strong tea and sugar;
- Sweets should be replaced with fruits, reduce the consumption of fat red meat, cream, greasy soft products;
- Do not forget about the sessile and moderate physical activity;
- Your last meal should be 2-3 hours before bedtime.
Picture Credit: zachvanstone8