It is well known that eating fruit and vegetables is very beneficial for health. They contain valuable vitamins, mineral salts as well as fiber and enzymes.
However, not everyone knows that some of them have medicinal properties and can even prevent the formation of cancer.
1. Pineapples contain sugar, relatively few vitamins, but a lot of minerals, such as: calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and especially a lot of manganese. An extremely valuable enzyme facilitating the digestion of protein – bromelain – is present in pineapples. Pineapples are antibacterial and antiviral. They also have estrogen-like properties, thanks to which they help in the healing of fractures and prevent osteoporosis.
2. Avocado has many valuable nutrients, including vitamin E, which neutralizes free radicals, accelerating the aging of the skin. From a health point of view, avocados reduce cholesterol, dilate blood vessels, reduce susceptibility to cataract formation. But be careful! Avocados contain a lot of fat.
3. Eggplants, tasty but not very popular, have antibacterial and diuretic effects. They contain glycoalkaloids, so they are used in the production of medicinal creams for patients with skin cancer.
4. Bananas are a natural stimulant that adds energy. One banana is about 95 calories and 20.9 g of sugar, 75.1 g of water, 1.2 g of protein, 2.3 g of starch, only 0.3 g of fat, 3.1 g of fiber, and above all, a lot of vitamin B1 , B12, B6 and C. Due to their high fiber content, they are indicated for people with elevated cholesterol in the blood. The potassium in them also has a positive effect on people with hypertension.
5. Broccoli is a vegetable known for its anti-cancer properties. It has antioxidants, carotene, folic acid, vitamin C (more than in citrus fruits). It also protects against arteriosclerosis against peptic ulcer disease, and due to the content of chromium in particular, it is helpful in diabetes. When it comes to beauty, broccoli oil is thought to prevent premature graying.
6. Brussels sprouts, like other brassica, improve metabolism and the work of the heart. It has antibacterial and anti-cancer effects.
7. Beets contain a lot of minerals, such as: calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium. They are basic; they have a deacidifying and detoxifying effect on the body, they remove unnecessary substances from the kidneys and liver, they act anti-cancer. They regulate cholesterol. Beetroot, pickled with garlic, which enhances the beneficial effect of beets, is particularly recommendable.
8. Onions provide substances that have the ability to lower blood pressure and cholesterol, protecting the body against blood clots, heart disease and cancer. Sulfur contained in the onion inhibits the development of asthma and allergic reactions, and selenium slows down the aging process. The advantages of onions in combating colds, coughs and pharyngitis are known.
9. Horseradish while acting as a fungicide – it increases immunity. Horseradish compresses soothe rheumatic pains.
10. Citrus. Although their reputation as the fruit containing the most vitamin C is somewhat exaggerated, they still have another important advantage; support the fight against cancer. There are as many as 58 anti-cancer ingredients in their parenchyma. One of them – glutathione – contained in the white slate under the skin have all the citrus, and the most orange. Another important anti-cancer component is glucar.
11. Garlic, already known in antiquity, is becoming more and more appreciated today. American Institutes for Research on Cancer confirmed its anti-cancer activity. Garlic also has a whole range of valuable properties. It increases the body’s resistance. It lowers cholesterol, counteracts atherosclerosis and hypertension. It regulates blood pressure, improving blood flow through tissues and organs. It disinfects the pulmonary alveolus, which is why it is an excellent natural remedy for colds. Disinfects the digestive tract and kidneys; it works diuretic. It treats the stomach ailments of smokers. It stimulates the metabolism. It prevents rheumatism and arthritis.
12. Pumpkin (zucchini, pumpkin, melon, cucumber) – these low-calorie, alkaline-forming vegetables have a positive effect on lowering cholesterol levels in the blood.
Zucchini works perfectly on digestion, on the liver and digestive tract.
Cucumber, recommended in all diets purifying the body, is highly diuretic, accelerates the excretion of uric acid.
Picture Credit: freiekirchengemeinde