Salt is an indispensable product in the preparation of food, which improves the taste of any dish. Or we just think that it improves. In fact, salt is a frequent cause of excess weight, as it detains fluid in the body, thereby inhibiting metabolism. The Low Sodium Diet is just designed to solve this problem. Just note that this version of the diet does not “clean” completely salt, it just limits it. Also, we emphasize that this diet reduces cellulite deposits by removing excess fluid and improving metabolism.
Why is a salt-free diet so effective?
A person can consume only 1500 milligrams of salt per day. But the indispensable spice that enters the body beyond this rate can contribute to fluid retention, and also lead to other unpleasant consequences.
For example, loss of strength, puffiness, joint pain and poor appetite are signs of an overabundance of salt in the body. When a person begins to control the intake of salt, excess water is eliminated from the body, which causes weight loss. So, with the help of a Low Sodium Diet, you can lose about 11 pounds in 2 weeks, while not too limiting yourself in eating.
The main principles of a Low Sodium Diet
1. Eat 5 meals a day (three main meals and two snacks). In doing so, do not forget to control the size of portions.
2. Use more spices or a mixture of spices that can replace salt. In addition, give up fried foods in favor of baked, cooked or cooked steamed.
3. Salt is already cooked meals. In the event that you salt food during cooking, and then when it is served, then you can easily exceed the permissible salt norm.
4. For each dish that you are going to eat, there should be no more than 1500 milligrams of salt. Moreover, before you automatically salt food, try food and decide if you need salt. For example, fish, vegetables, sea kale can be eaten without salt.
In fact the American Heart Association recommends we stick to less than 1500 milligrams of sodium per day. Your average American gets 3400 milligrams per day — or more than double the AHA recommendation!
5. Completely eliminate fast food from your diet and give up ready meals in restaurants and cafes. You can not control the amount of salt in these dishes, so you can easily overstate the established rate.
In addition, do not forget to consume enough clean water – 1 -1.5 litres per day. Deficiency of water in the body can also cause excess pounds.
Image credit: silviarita